Salad Growing: Spring & Summer
Join Ashley Wheeler from Trill Farm Garden, to learn about the techniques and crop plans that enable the garden team to grow around 4 tonnes of salad each year.
Content will be dependant on the time of year, so for the Spring course we will focus on:
- crop planning for outdoor salad growing through the summer
- varieties for late spring and early summer
- bed preparation
- planting and direct sowing
- weed control
- pest and diseases
- harvesting outdoors
Check out the Autumn and Winter course which will focus on:
- crop planning for growing salad through the winter
- bed preparation in tunnels
- polytunnel growing
- irrigation - indoors and outdoors
- pests and diseases in polytunnels
- harvesting winter salad
- selling salad to restaurants
There will be some overlap over the two days, but for an in-depth oversight into how we produce salad all year round we recommend that you book on both courses (discount available for booking the two courses).
This course is suitable for both experienced small scale salad growers as well as those who are thinking of starting a market garden and want to learn more about how to produce and sell salad all year.